Thursday, February 6, 2014

Utter Failure :(

So I brought my mobile recording setup to my cousins house tonight and tried for a couple hours to get his 5 year old daughter to record Jessica's dialogue. The first half hour she wouldn't take her hands off her mouth because she was too shy/embarrassed. We tried bribing her with cake and candy, showing her footage of actresses doing voice overs for Frozen, getting her little brother to say things in the mic, all to no avail. I kinda felt bad because she was crying and her mom was trying to get her to cooperate saying things like, "Nick needs your help! There's nothing to cry about, just say these words!"
I will try another cousins 4 year old this Sunday if that's not too late.
Also, I can bring my setup to school tomorrow and/or Saturday if we wanna re-record Deborah and/or the vanity voice. They were decent in the last recording, but if I remember correctly, Keith said he recorded them with his laptop, and that works for what we've needed so far, but if you play audio recorded with a laptop through good speakers to an audience, it will sound BAD. Anywho, as always, feedback and comments are welcome and encouraged. Thanks guys!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, thank you so much for your effort! Don't worry about recording the other cousin, Bart Simpson is voiced by a mature woman, we'll figure it out haha!
    I made the revisions to the storyboards, hopefully I'll have time to put them into an animatic, but best case it'll be timed out with no dialogue and I'll pitch along to it, which is not a problem.
    Thanks again for trying Nick, you're going above and beyond!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be difficult working with little kids or anyone really who's not a trained actor/actress. Thank you so much for your effort Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for trying! Kids are tough, no worries.
    And yeah, lots of grown people voice for kids. (All the Rugrats were women, sometimes the same woman) We'll find someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. Thanks guys. I kinda expected that going in, and I know that a lot of voice overs for kids are done by adults, but I watched Despicable Me recently. Just think of the youngest girl in that movie. Soooo cute right? :) I think that when you can get the authentic little girl voice, as tough as it may be, it can capture the audience even more. I still wanna give it one more shot this Sunday if that's okay with you guys. If I can get it I think you'll be happy :) Otherwise, I agree, we can totally make it work with an older person. Thanks for the feedback and support!

    ReplyDelete