Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A change to Shot 4

Hey All,

Michelle is diligently working on layouts at the moment and I revisited the boards to revise shot 4 as per Bunny's request. I have posted last weeks shot 4 board and two others:
        One is an extreme OTS (Over-The Shoulder) upshot which I think is in line with something Bunny would want
        The other is a less extreme OTS that I think works well.

I don't think the upshot will work so well because animating in 3-point perspective will be a pain not to mention add difficulty we don't have time for. Michelle also pointed out that story wise it too much importance/weight to a shot that doesn't need to be that important/dramatic.

Thoughts?























4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think 3-point would be a nightmare for whoever has that shot.

    Here's an idea though, can you pull in tighter on the OTS shot? I don't think we need to see that much of Debra...like, put the camera like you're looking right over her shoulder (see just the shoulder and maybe a little of her head) and try that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the bottom ones could work, but I think the story could be stronger enforced with our original composition because it focuses more on Deb's hairstyle and we can pop Jess in the frame more quickly and unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bottom one could work, but I agree with Mickie that pulling in a bit and trucking up more on-the-shoulder could work nicely too.
    But yeah, the upshot is too dramatic for this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bottom one could work! but i agree with Mickie, that we should play with that!

    ReplyDelete