Tuesday, February 11, 2014

More Style Tests

I played around with the style tests some more. Here's the second and fourth ones from the last post with more prominent background textures.
I'm not sure I personally prefer the super monochromatic desaturated of the two above. I like the idea of the makeup standing out from the rest, but I worry that the cold colors might not fit the playful, feminine tone of the film. What do you guys think? I did a version with outlines and a super saturated version just to see what they would look like.
I was also thinking, to add more interest, patterns could be added to the character's clothing. Not necessarily these patterns, but just a thought.
An example of how the pattern might be applied.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I like the news ones as much as your last batch. Good point about the fun, playful mood of the film, but I don't think that just because it's about sisters and make up that it needs to be saturate and pink. We can make it playful without relying on that stereotype.
    I still like the idea of a background which will allow the colors of the characters and make-up to pop.
    Nice job on the pattern mock-up. Maybe textures would work better for this film? Do you think "patterns" might give it too much of a retro look? I'm not totally sure, but it's definitely worth exploring further! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think the textures are a really nice idea. We would beed to find a way to make it feel like its still in the future. Like Allena said, we don't want it to look retro. I preferred the first batch as well. I completely agree with what Allena said about the saturated pink colors and relying stereotypes. Maybe work from the first batch and go all out with one of Deb's makeup looks. That way we can see how colors can pop against the background.

    ReplyDelete