Thursday, February 6, 2014

Newest House

Hi guys!! Thank you so much for the feedback on the earlier version of the house. I've redrawn and repainted it following some of the suggestions from you guys and Courtney. These two images are basically the same except the second one has more of an atmospheric quality to it with the line and color fading out to the edge. 

I'll be fixing the vanity now. Let me know if this works. Thanks.



Color Updated:
I got some feedback from Maritza here in the BFA lab that the color looks more like early morning rather than late evening. So I make it a little more purple and a few of stars..



More update:
Getting rid of the afterthought "atmosphere" and making it look more like an intentional rendering style.


5 comments:

  1. Ooo, looking good. I like the purple, and the new designs. Watch out for that treeline though, it's almost tangenting with the house!

    Only think I would say is lose the "atmosphere" on the sides and just don't render the sides as much, like you did in the other painting. Let things trail off instead of laying something on top of them afterwards. Much more like the painting style you'd done before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'll try something along those line. Thanks Allena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allena! I've updated the post with a newer version. Does it work better? Also, from your earlier comment which treeline exactly is tangenting? Do you mean the 3 little ones in the middle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're REALLY close with the last one. Feels way more like night now and I love the colors. I think Allena was referring to the trees behind the house. I'd say if you just pushed the trees to the left of the house up and the trees to the right of the house down, it would fix that tangent issue. Also, I still feel that the other houses and car should be colored a bit more. Right now they still look unfinished. If you colored them half way between where they are now and the color of the mid house, I think that would work splendidly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I did mean those trees are in the same line as the house. Move one up or down, though I know you guys are working on a redesign of the house.
    I disagree, sorry Nick, I think you can leave the houses even less finished. Be intentional about where you put color on an object. You want it to stand out? Give it its own block of color. You want it to fall back? Let the BG color com through. Not everything needs an outline, not everything needs a finished line. You have an expressive unfinished line in that bush on the right side of the image, try and infuse that type of handling throughout.

    ReplyDelete